SO WHAT'S THIS CHURCH ALL ABOUT?
It’s quite an important question, isn’t it? Let’s answer it in one simple statement:
We believe each member of First Baptist Church of Alcoa is sent on mission to GATHER, GROW, and GO.
Gather- The disciples of Jesus Christ who make up First Baptist Alcoa gather as a family of rescued sinners for corporate singing, prayer, Bible teaching, and mutual encouragement.
Our weekly gathering takes place every Sunday at 10:00 am
Grow- The disciples of Jesus Christ who make up First Baptist Alcoa grow as disciples of Jesus through mutual accountability, love, and training.
Go- The disciples of Jesus Christ who make up the First Baptist Church of Alcoa go and make disciples of Jesus Christ by teaching others the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are multiple and varied opportunities to be trained and participate in going during our weekly gatherings, grow groups, as well as our online and social media outlets.
LIVING ON MISSION
Jesus’ last words were to go and make disciples, so we’re on the same mission he gave his disciples 2,000 years ago.
How do we accomplish this mission?
We go and make disciples by GATHERING as a family of rescued sinners, GROWING together in our faith, then GOING out into our communities sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We believe a community of Christians should be journeying to become genuine and welcoming of people from all walks of life for the purpose of promoting healthy relationships between God, one another and the world.
We believe that life is meant to be lived on purpose; therefore, we embrace the commission from Jesus to impact the world and participate in His redemptive plan on a daily basis.
Prayer and worship:
We believe that the literal presence and power of God is manifested as these disciplines are expressed through individual, small group, and corporate settings on a regular ongoing basis.
Assimilation into Grow Groups:
We believe that people grow best when processing life through the lens of biblical truth through meaningful Grow Group relationships. Jesus showed us the way when He chose 12 disciples to change the world. We are therefore a church whose primary focus is to connect every person to a Grow Group family, which in turn reaches out to touch others.
We will not be defined by the economy, our paycheck, consumerism, materialism and the love of money. We will be generous both personally and corporately.
We believe in the transformative and redemptive power of God. Through honest and consistent commitment to developing our relationships with Jesus, with each other and with those outside of the church, we expect, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to see transformation in our community and in the lives of those around us.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of death.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
THE FIVE SOLAS OF REFORMATION
- Scripture alone (sola Scriptura)
- Christ alone (solus Christus)
- Grace alone (sola gratia)
- Faith alone (sola fide)
- God’s glory alone (soli Deo gloria)